Kobalt As A Brand? Brand Establishment & History Lowe’s and manufacturer alliance J.H. Williams introduced Kobalt in 1998 to contest with competitor Sears and The Home Depot stores and their respective brands of Craftsman and Husky. Versatile Brand Built for Lowes, the Kobalt air compressor line comes in portable and fixed motor types, is operated
Kobalt As A Brand?
Brand Establishment & History
Lowe’s and manufacturer alliance J.H. Williams introduced Kobalt in 1998 to contest with competitor Sears and The Home Depot stores and their respective brands of Craftsman and Husky.
Built for Lowes, the Kobalt air compressor line comes in portable and fixed motor types, is operated by electric motors.
The engine range is between 1.5 Horsepower to 5 Horsepower. These motors are powerful for a series of Kobalt compressors with small, 1.5 Horsepower tank units, up to a fixed vertical style of 5 Horsepower with a tank of 80 gallons.
Where To Deploy?
You can buy Kobalt Air Compressors for your home usage, garage and even for your workspace if it is not used for continuous hours.
How’s the performance Of Kobalt Air Compressors
Kobalt Air Compressors are mostly used in households and small workshops but some of the big enterprises also use Kobalt products, like every other product this brand’s products have some advantages and some disadvantages. For some people, it can be a perfect fit for work but on the other hand, it can be completely useless for some people.
Let’s see some of the major pros and cons of using Kobalt Air Compressors.
Pros Of Using Kobalt Air Compressors
- The Air compressors are less noisy.
- The compressors are less costly as compared to other brands.
- The products are cheap and reliable to use for a limited time.
- You can find all the product lines in your neighborhood.
- Various kinds of air compressors, including electrical, coupler and standardized.
- All portable and nonportable air compressors are available.
- Air compressors are available with horizontal, vertical, twin and hotdogs shapes.
- There are two compressor types one is oil-free, another oil-lubricated.
Cons Of Using Kobalt Air Compressors
- Lowes markets Kobalt compressors but they aren’t responsible for maintenance.
- No sales team linked to Lowes after-sales services.
- Kobalt products are reliable only for a short duration of work.
- They won’t last for a long time if you use them in large enterprises.
- The compressors cannot be used multiple times in a week.
- They are cost-effective but lack while working.
- The build quality is cheap and most of the compressors break down after some time.
- Replacement is not guaranteed by the company.
Top 8 Air Compressors From Kobalt
8. Kobalt 2-Gallon Portable Electric Twin Stack Air Compressor (Click To buy Now!!)
Ratings – 3.0/5
- This air compressor is a decent choice for automobiles, brads, inflation.
- The asking price is very affordable and cheap.
- Easy to move around, not that heavy, oil-free and it is portable.
- There is a robust structure to avoid damage to the engine and generator.
- Replacements of the parts are difficult and the durability is low.
- Instructions written on the chunk are completely pointless.
- It cannot be used in big enterprises or workshops.
Ratings – 3.1/5
- The selling price is low as compared to its competitors.
- Its 1.8 Horsepower copper coiling shaft provides an improved quality of life to the compressor.
- The oil-free pump needs less servicing.
- It can be used for stapling, sanding, spraying, brad nailing, finish nailing, framing nailing, and HVLP paint.
- It is portable and you can move it anywhere.
- It is a bit noisy in comparison to others.
- The material used is really cheap in nature, the design is also weak.
- The pressure fluctuates more often.
- The replacement parts are difficult to find.
- Use it with caution as the regulator may explode sometimes.
Ratings – 3.3/5
- It can be used at home or at big enterprises.
- You can pull off a variety of jobs like airbrushing, framing nailing, finish nailing, stapling, roof nailing, drilling, cutting, sanding and HVLP painting.
- Asking price for this kind of product is reasonable and it can fit your budget.
- The company mentions a warranty of 3 years on this product.
- There are problems reported by users of oil leakage from the tank.
- The motor shuts down when worked for long continuous hours.
- The sound frequency goes past 100 decibels and it is noisy.
- This product comes with a cord and it is not portable.
Ratings – 3.6/5
- This 80-Gallon compressor is intended for a wide range of work applications.
- It has a 2 stage oil-lubricated pump for a better life and efficient working.
- The product is very cost-effective.
- It can do jobs like airbrushing, framing nailing, finish nailing, stapling, roof nailing, drilling, cutting, sanding and HVLP painting.
- Users have reported problems of oil leakage from the tank.
- The noise level is high and does not match the listed decibel rating.
- This device is not portable and it needs a cord to work.
Ratings – 4.0/5
- This air compressor can last up to 5,000 hours.
- It can be used at homes and at bigger enterprises for heavy work.
- Two-stage pump and oil lubrication do not help in low noise levels.
- It can be used in airbrushing, framing nailing, finish nailing, stapling, roof nailing, drilling, cutting, sanding and HVLP painting.
- Power, as claimed by the company, is 175 PSI but it is around 150 PSI only.
- Due to vertical shape it is uneasy to store.
- People have complained about its cheap quality.
- Customer reviews pointed at the less efficient motor.
Ratings – 4.1/5
- The air compressor is low maintenance.
- The oil-free pump is efficient to start at low temperatures.
- The selling price is cheap and affordable.
- The 175 PSi power in this compressor is effective while working.
- It can be used in frame nailing, roof nailing, finfish nailing, grinding, spraying and cutting work.
- It takes time to fill up the air tank.
- It is not extremely loud but yes it is a bit noisy.
Ratings – 4.5/5
- It is really quiet as compared to its competitors.
- Easy to move around without any difficulty.
- Easy to operate and you can keep it anywhere due to its compact design.
- Ideal for small household activities and inflating tires.
- Not recommended to be used in bigger workplaces.
- It can be used in homes and garages and in small enterprises for cleaning purposes.
1. Kobalt Quiet Tech 4.3 Gallon Portable Electric Twin-stack Quiet Air Compressor (Click To Buy Now!!)
Ratings – 4.8/5
- Due to its quiet tech feature, it is less noisy and works well.
- The pump in this device is oil-free and does not create a mess.
- This air compressor has a heavy-duty, oil-free pump with 1 horsepower.
- The compressor maintenance is low as compared to others.
- The product operates very smoothly on batteries.
- It is heavy to lift and not so easy to store.
- The price demanded for 4.3 gallons compressor is quite high.