Kobalt As A Brand? Lowe’s and manufacturer alliance J.H. Williams introduced Kobalt in 1998 to contest with competitor Sears and The Home Depot stores and their respective brands of Craftsman and Husky. Kobalt air compressor-An air compressor transforms power into potential energy through the use of an automatic transmission, a petrol engine or a diesel
Kobalt As A Brand?
- Lowe’s and manufacturer alliance J.H. Williams introduced Kobalt in 1998 to contest with competitor Sears and The Home Depot stores and their respective brands of Craftsman and Husky.
- Kobalt air compressor-An air compressor transforms power into potential energy through the use of an automatic transmission, a petrol engine or a diesel engine. The potential energy builds up in pressure air, which is compressed air, and then used to repress the container.
- Built for Lowes, the Kobalt air compressor line comes in portable and fixed motor types, is operated by electric motors. The engine range is between 1.5 Horsepower to 5 Horsepower.
- These motors are powerful for a series of Kobalt compressors with small, 1.5 Horsepower tank units, up to a fixed vertical style of 5 Horsepower with a tank of 80 gallons.
- You can buy Kobalt Air Compressors for your home usage, garage and even for your workspace if it is not used for continuous hours.
How’s the performance Of Kobalt Air Compressors
Kobalt Air Compressors are mostly used in households and small workshops but some of the big enterprises also use Kobalt products, like every other product this brand’s products have some advantages and some disadvantages. For some people, it can be a perfect fit for work but on the other hand, it can be completely useless for some people. Let’s see some of the major pros and cons of using Kobalt Air Compressors.
Pros Of Using Kobalt Air Compressors
- Kobalt Air compressors are less noisy and they are friendly if you want to work in a quiet surrounding. This also helps in concentrating more on work as it creates a mess around you.
- When you compare Kobalt Compressors with others, you will find out that Kobalt offers its products at a very competitive price than others.
- You can use them in your home without facing any issues for a long time and even if you are working in the garage you can use the Kobalt products that are cheap and reliable.
- Kobalt Air Compressors are available in every shop and you do not have to go anywhere in search of air compressors.
- Kobalt air compressors supply everyone with various kinds of air compressors, including electrical, coupler and standardized.
- All portable and nonportable air compressors are offered by Kobalt air compressors lets you select what is right for you.
- In various tank sizes, the air compressors Kobalt are available with horizontal, vertical, twin and hotdogs. We can choose the compressor form as you wish.
- There are two compressor forms of Kobalt air compressors, one would be oil-free, another oil-lubricated.
Cons Of Using Kobalt Air Compressors
- Remember that Lowes markets Kobalt air compressors but they are not responsible for maintaining them.
- No sales team linked to Lowes after-sales services. Because various companies have built air compressors from Kobalt, it won’t be that easy to find support for those compressors.
- Kobalt products are reliable but only if you are using them for home support purposes and they won’t last for a long time if you use them in a large enterprise.
- Looking for a compressor with 8-9 hours of continuous working and 5-6 days per week, then Kobalt does not fit well in this condition.
- Comparing their price to other brands like husky they are quite affordable but when it comes to being efficient they lack their capability against such big brands.
- Many people who bought air compressors of Kobalt has reported negative about the quality of material used in making. Many people reported that their compressor broke down after using it for some time.
- People also reported that it is hard to replace the parts of Kobalt, replacement is not guaranteed by the company.
Top Kobalt Air Compressor Reviews
Kobalt QUIET TECH 2-Gallon Portable Electric Hot Dog Air Compressor
Ratings – 4.8/5
- It is really quiet as compared to its competitors.
- Easy to move around without any difficulty.
- Easy to operate and you and keep it anywhere due to its compact design.
- Ideal for small air equipment and to fill a limited amount of air to tires or performing some other small household activities.
- Not recommended to be used in bigger workplaces.
- It can be used in homes and garages and even to some extent in small enterprises for cleaning purposes.
Kobalt 2-Gallon Portable Electric Twin Stack Air Compressor
Ratings – 3.0/5
- This air compressor is a decent choice for automobiles, brads, inflation, and fun.
- Cheap in price and the asking price is quite reasonable.
- Easy to move around, not that heavy, oil-free and it is portable.
- There is a robust structure to avoid damage to the engine and generator.
- Replacements of the parts are difficult and the durability is low.
- Instructions written on the chunk are completely pointless it may confuse many users.
- It cannot be used in big enterprises or workshops.
Kobalt Quiet Tech 4.3 Gallon Portable Electric Twin-stack Quiet Air Compressor
Ratings – 4.5/5
- Due to its quiet tech feature, it is less noisy and works well.
- The pump in this device is oil-free and creates a lot less mess as compared to others.
- This air compressor has a heavy-duty, oil-free pump with 1 horsepower and very low maintenance.
- The product operated very smoothly and does not require any batteries to operate.
- It requires more space as it has a vertical shape and it is quite heavy to lift.
- Price demanded 4.3 gallon is quite high, you can easily get bigger from another brand in this price range.
Kobalt 0300841 8-Gallon Portable Electric Horizontal Air Compressor
Ratings – 3.0/5
- The price asked for an 8- gallon air compressor is low as compared to its competitors.
- Its 1.8 Horsepower copper coiling shaft provides an improved quality of life for the compressor. Because of its oil-free pump, it needs less servicing.
- It can be used for stapling, sanding, spraying, brad nailing, finish nailing, framing nailing, and HVLP paint.
- Due to its horizontal design and rubber tires, it is easily movable and can be laid down anywhere easily.
- It is a bit noisy in comparison to others.
- The material used is really cheap in nature, the design is quite weak and the pressure fluctuates more often.
- The replacement parts are difficult to find.
- You need to be more cautious while using it as the regulator may explode sometimes.
Kobalt 20-Gallon Single-Stage Portable Electric Vertical Air Compressor
Ratings – 4.0/5
- For low maintenance, oil-free pumps and efficient start at low temperatures.
- The average performance of 175 max PSI is 80 percent greater than 20-gallon compressors with a capacity of 150 PSI.
- It is not extremely loud but yes it is a bit noisy but the company claims that it is below 78 decibels.
- It can be efficiently used din frame nailing, roof nailing, finfish nailing, grinding, spraying and cutting purposes.
- Asking price is very competitive and this is one of the main highlights of this product.
- It takes time to fill up the tank and sometimes it encounters some power fluctuations.
Kobalt 30-Gallon Two-Stage Portable Electric Vertical Air Compressor
Ratings – 4.0/5
- This air compressor can last up to 5,000 hours as the company claims but even if it lasts 1000 hours less, it is a great product.
- It can be used in small household tasks as well as it can be used in bigger enterprises for heavy-duty work.
- The tank is vertical and this makes it a little uneasy to store if you have limited space but if you have an abundance of space then it is fine.
- Two-stage pump and oil lubrication helps in reducing the noise but still, the noise goes past 90 decibels.
- It can be used in airbrushing, framing nailing, finish nailing, stapling, Roof nailing, drilling, cutting, sanding and HVLP painting.
- Power, as claimed by the company, is 175 PSI but it comes around only 150 PSI and if you can easily get a 150 PSI powered Compressor less than This compressor price.
- People have complained about its cheap quality of regulatory and some said the motor is not efficient enough.
Kobalt 60-Gallon Two-Stage Electric Vertical Air Compressor
Ratings – 3.5/5
- Designed to do the household tasks as well as some big tasks on workspaces and it works just fine.
- You can pull off a variety of jobs like airbrushing, framing nailing, finish nailing, stapling, Roof nailing, drilling, cutting, sanding and HVLP painting.
- Asking price for this kind of product is reasonable and it can fit your budget.
- Company mentions a warranty of 3 years on this product but the support team is not at all supportive.
- There are problems reported by users of oil leakage from tank and shutting down of motors when worked for long continuous hours.
- Sound frequency goes past 100 decibels for this device and it is very noisy.
- This product comes with a cord and it is not portable.
Kobalt 80-Gallon Two-Stage Electric Vertical Air Compressor
Ratings – 3.8/5
- This 80-Gallon compressor is intended for a wide range of work applications, from sanding, painting a vehicle to fix a motor.
- The company provided a 2 stage oil-lubricated pump for better life and efficient working of this device.
- The pricing is quite fine for this kind of product.
- A variety of jobs can be done at workplaces and or at home including airbrushing, framing nailing, finish nailing, stapling, Roof nailing, drilling, cutting, sanding and HVLP painting.
- Users have reported problems of oil leakage from the tank.
- Users also reported that it takes more AMP as mentioned and creates a lot of noise pollution that hurts the ears.
- This device is not portable and it needs a cord to work.